I am an experienced psychotherapist, currently working in both the psychotherapy department of an NHS mental health trust, as well as seeing individuals privately in my Chichester practice. I have worked with a wide and diverse range of individuals in the field of mental health and well-being for over 15 years. Having initially qualified as a Mental Health Nurse (RMN), I then went on to undertake an extensive training in psychotherapy and counselling which I progressed through certificate, diploma and Masters (MSc) levels, culminating in the successful completion of my Professional Doctorate (PsychD). I also attended the Advanced Practitioner Programme as part of my doctoral studies.
As part of my commitment to continuing professional development, I regularly attend conferences, seminars and workshops.
Qualifications & Professional Memberships
I have successfully completed:
- a professional Psychology Doctorate (PsychD) in Psychotherapy & Counselling at the University of Roehampton
- training in Mentalization Based Treatment at The Anna Freud Centre, London
- a Higher Diploma in Mental Health Nursing (RMN) at the University of Surrey
- a UKCP registered psychotherapist. UKCP is the UK’s leading professional body for the education, training and accreditation of psychotherapists and is the quality mark for high standards in psychotherapy. They hold the national register of psychotherapists and psychotherapeutic counsellors, listing those practitioner members who meet exacting standards and training requirements.
- an accredited clinical member of the Universities Psychotherapy & Counselling Association (UPCA)
- a registered mental health nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC)
- a current Enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check – required for working with vulnerable people.